Have you ever felt that you have had to "hide" parts of yourself in your clinical practice?
What did that feel like when you did it?
Jack Holroyde joins me to talk about bringing your whole self to your practice of healthcare.
Jack and I talk about
- The concept of professionalism constraining our ability to help someone
- Communicating effectively instead of clinically
- Appreciating the gravity of our patient's experience in what we might find a mundane interaction
- The identity we are assuming, and whether that serves us
- Recognising that we are full of shit a lot of the time, and how to become more comfortable with that.
- Challenging long held biases
Connect with Jack on Twitter https://twitter.com/jack_holroyde