Most people don't speak medicine
This is a problem for us Health professionals because we've been trained to only speak medicine. This can unwittingly lead to a disconnect between us and our patients making healthy progress so much more difficult.
We're joined by Rachel Callander to help us bridge this divide - and #hottip it's up to us to do it, NOT our patients.
Rachel is a sought after healthcare communication trainer and speaker who comes from a place of lived experience
We cover off
- Why it's difficult for us to explain health concepts simply
- Untraining our learnings
- Identifying our fear in communication
- Communicating for understanding (our own and our patients)
- Communicating for progress
- How to shift from jargon to empowering communication