The future of healthcare is person-centered care!
What does that mean? And how do we do it?
It involves having some clinical bravery.
Bravery to understand the philosophy of how we practice and stay true to it.
Bravery relinquish clinical control to others
Bravery to continually reflect on how we could do better
Bravery to consider that we aren't the expert in this situation
Claire Killingback (amazing physio name) joins us to discuss how she is shaping the physios of the future to practice this way, and how we can do it too.
In this chat we talk through;
- Setting up university physiotherapy program for physios of the future
- The philosophy of person centered care
- How person centered care is different from patient centered care
- Clinical bravery
- The role of systems and environments in shaping care
- The continuum of person centered practice
- Learning when to stop people
- Assessing as a narrative as opposed to a list
- The philisophical underpinnings of how you want to practice
- Using your philosophy to shape your career path
- Reconceptualising physiotherapy identities
- Letting go of control
- Understanding who the expert is
- Reflecting on our practice